nice guys

so many boys cheat and lie that it makes things difficult for nice guys. and not in the overused "nice guys finish last" kinda way. but in the way that when the nice guys do find a girl, it's almost impossible for that girl to believe in him. "They" say that girls watch too many fairy tales and chic flicks, leading them to search for the perfect guy. I think it's the opposite. I think most girls are so scorned and shaded that they think nice boys don't exist. And television reiterates that fact.
Everywhere you look, there is cheating and dishonesty. Girls sit and watch husbands cheating, boyfriends lying, and girls sitting by completely oblivious. They aren't sitting around journaling about Prince Charming. Those were fairy tales told way before their age. They sit around journaling (or, blogging) about insecurities and jealousy because they are so confident their significant others are cheating.
That's how nice guys finish last. Girls don't trust the guys they should trust because, well, they are our fairy tale. I should know. My boyfriend is one of them. For a year now, I've wondered about and fought over a few females in his life. It took this long for me to realize... I have the nice guy. The fairy tale. I just never believed in happy endings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home