seeking help
ok. my national boards tests are june 5th. and i need your help. in many ways.
first, i'm asking for prayers. if you're not the praying-kind, then send me some positive thoughts. I begin my tests at 8 am on June 5th, and I will be testing for a little over 3 hours.
second, i'm asking for help finding resources. one of my tests (there are six total) is about "language study" - it focuses on my ability to teach ESL students - English as a Second language. I will have to recognize weaknesses in the oral and written discourse of an ESL student, then provide strategies I would use to help strengthen those weaknesses.
This is where you come in. If you have information about ESL strategies, or if you're internet-savvy and have some time to spare, I desperately need help finding actual "strategies." I have researched common errors of ESL students so that I kind of know what to look for, but the only "strategy" I can think of is individual conferencing (whether over reading or writing). I've drained myself finding different ways to search for this strategies, so I'm reaching out to you.
If you can help in any way, please leave me a comment!
Otherwise, shoot me some positive thoughts next Tuesday!! This is the last step and I REALLY want it!!!
Thanks!
first, i'm asking for prayers. if you're not the praying-kind, then send me some positive thoughts. I begin my tests at 8 am on June 5th, and I will be testing for a little over 3 hours.
second, i'm asking for help finding resources. one of my tests (there are six total) is about "language study" - it focuses on my ability to teach ESL students - English as a Second language. I will have to recognize weaknesses in the oral and written discourse of an ESL student, then provide strategies I would use to help strengthen those weaknesses.
This is where you come in. If you have information about ESL strategies, or if you're internet-savvy and have some time to spare, I desperately need help finding actual "strategies." I have researched common errors of ESL students so that I kind of know what to look for, but the only "strategy" I can think of is individual conferencing (whether over reading or writing). I've drained myself finding different ways to search for this strategies, so I'm reaching out to you.
If you can help in any way, please leave me a comment!
Otherwise, shoot me some positive thoughts next Tuesday!! This is the last step and I REALLY want it!!!
Thanks!

2 Comments:
www.decs.sa.gov.au/curric/files/links/ESL_Strategies.doc
Seeing as blogger wants to be a punk and cut off my ESL strategy links, I will email you stuff I find. Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home