the world as i see it

everybody thinks someone out there wants to know their opinions. their problems. their life story. i guess i'm no different.

Friday, August 01, 2008

1000 Splendid Summer Reads

I just finished the last of my 'summer read,' being that summer is pretty uch over. i have to say, the fun reading is one of the main reasons i'm sad to see summer go. i'm back to rereading catcher in the rye and crime and punishment for the upteenth time, while trying to convince 17 year olds that they should read it too. for some reason, it's just not as enjoyable.

i had to review my last summer read though, being that, i think it was my favorite of them all: 1000 Splendid Suns. This is written by the same author as Kite Runner. Someone asked me which was my favorite and at first I couldn't say - they really are fantastic. But 1000 Splendid Suns is told from Afghanistan women. It is incredible to read their stories. And even though it's fiction, I'm sure there are lots of women who, if they are abe to read it, feel like they're reading their lives stories. Reading this book will give you a new perspective about the war and the world in general. Read it. Seriously. Unless you're a Nicholas Sparks lover who only wants generic romance. Then you shouldn't read it...

Well, I better go. Holden Caulfield is waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home