Flo Rida
In July 2007, Jesse and I joined Carol in a trip to Florida to visit her husband. We drove down to Tampa together, and every day we would make sandwiches and snacks and drag a cooler and chairs to a public beach. Every day, a homeless man would walk into the water and wash his hair in the ocean. Carol and I actually gave him one of our sandwiches on the last day. After a few days, Jesse and I flew back home to give Carol some alone time with her hubby.
In September 2007, Jesse decided to move to Sebring, Florida with his friend, Patrick. On Labor Day weekend, the three of us loaded into Jesse's Jeep and drove down to Sebring. We were determined to keep it a cheap trip so halfway down, we stayed at Crapshoot Motel where the address was 911 and we were too scared to sleep under the covers. The next day, we finshed our drive to Sebring where we found a cute lake house for them to rent. Then, we decided to drive toward a beach to camp for the night. It took us forever to find a camping ground so we settled for KIA, which cost as much as a hotel would've. The next day, though, we drove to the beach and spent just a few hours running through the waves before driving back to Lebanon.
In October 2007, I visited Jesse in Florida during my Fall Break. We decided to take advantage of Sebring's location in mid-Florida by driving to different beaches. One day, we drove to Miami Beach and spend the day there. Incredible beach! Tons of people and tons of different languages to hear. However, I ordered a crab sandwich -- and I got literally a crab fried and stuck on a bun -- legs and all. The next day, Jesse and I drove to Fort Myers Beach. This has been my favorite so far, but it was very differnt from Miami. It was beautiful and peaceful.
In November 2007, I flew down to Florida during Thanksgiving when Jesse decided to move back home. I was only there a couple days and then we took the long haul back to Kentucky in his Jeep.
In June 2008, I went to Orlando for a Model Schools Conference at Walt Disney World. We spent 4 days there hearing some educational big wigs.
In July 2008, Jesse and I decided to gather the rest of his belongings from Florida. We flew to Orlando, rented a van, drove to Sebring, and packed up the rest of his belongings. Then we drove to Siesta Key for the night. The next day we spent two hours on the beach -- BEAUTIFUL beach! -- then drove back home to the ole KY.
And THAT is my insane-o whirlwind trips to Florida this year!
In September 2007, Jesse decided to move to Sebring, Florida with his friend, Patrick. On Labor Day weekend, the three of us loaded into Jesse's Jeep and drove down to Sebring. We were determined to keep it a cheap trip so halfway down, we stayed at Crapshoot Motel where the address was 911 and we were too scared to sleep under the covers. The next day, we finshed our drive to Sebring where we found a cute lake house for them to rent. Then, we decided to drive toward a beach to camp for the night. It took us forever to find a camping ground so we settled for KIA, which cost as much as a hotel would've. The next day, though, we drove to the beach and spent just a few hours running through the waves before driving back to Lebanon.
In October 2007, I visited Jesse in Florida during my Fall Break. We decided to take advantage of Sebring's location in mid-Florida by driving to different beaches. One day, we drove to Miami Beach and spend the day there. Incredible beach! Tons of people and tons of different languages to hear. However, I ordered a crab sandwich -- and I got literally a crab fried and stuck on a bun -- legs and all. The next day, Jesse and I drove to Fort Myers Beach. This has been my favorite so far, but it was very differnt from Miami. It was beautiful and peaceful.
In November 2007, I flew down to Florida during Thanksgiving when Jesse decided to move back home. I was only there a couple days and then we took the long haul back to Kentucky in his Jeep.
In June 2008, I went to Orlando for a Model Schools Conference at Walt Disney World. We spent 4 days there hearing some educational big wigs.
In July 2008, Jesse and I decided to gather the rest of his belongings from Florida. We flew to Orlando, rented a van, drove to Sebring, and packed up the rest of his belongings. Then we drove to Siesta Key for the night. The next day we spent two hours on the beach -- BEAUTIFUL beach! -- then drove back home to the ole KY.
And THAT is my insane-o whirlwind trips to Florida this year!

4 Comments:
apple bottom jeans, boots w/ the fur...
you go to florida a lot.
apple bottom jeans, boots w/ the fur...
you go to florida a lot.
Ft Myers was your favorite? WHAT?!?!
haha just my favorite BEACH - not my favorite TRIP!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home