30 day detox
So, ever since Jesse added weight to my left hand, I've been motivated to lose fat everywhere else. I knew that the image of being a skinny bride would be the push of motivation I needed to start changing my eating habits. I had no idea I could stay this focused.
The Friday before Jesse proposed, someone told me that if you do something for 30 days straight, your body begins to see it as a habit. It grows easier after those 30days to stay focused on praying, or exercising, or whatever it is you've trained yourself into doing.
So, I decided to use that psychology and reverse it. I am abstaining from sweets, alcohol, and "sugar drinks" for 30 days. I had grown a love for soft drinks and a craving for sweets after every meal so I decided to teach myself to stop that craving. It's working so far!
One thing I've learned from it all is how often I normally would have had sweets!! In the past 16 days, I've passed up cake at a wedding and a wedding shower. I've ignored my mom's brownies and Mountain Dew cake. I've reached right past a Snickers for a granola bar. And, best of all, I turned down the offer for a free dessert after a waitress spilled my drink in my lap. If I haven't lost weight, I've definitely stopped myself from gaining 10!
Week One was easy - I was newly engaged, stressed, distracted, excited... who had time to think about eating?
Week Two was harder - I was losing the motivation and craving the sweets.
Week Three so far has been easier than the last!! I'm noticing a chance in my appetite and stomach size so it's paying off.
Here's hoping!
The Friday before Jesse proposed, someone told me that if you do something for 30 days straight, your body begins to see it as a habit. It grows easier after those 30days to stay focused on praying, or exercising, or whatever it is you've trained yourself into doing.
So, I decided to use that psychology and reverse it. I am abstaining from sweets, alcohol, and "sugar drinks" for 30 days. I had grown a love for soft drinks and a craving for sweets after every meal so I decided to teach myself to stop that craving. It's working so far!
One thing I've learned from it all is how often I normally would have had sweets!! In the past 16 days, I've passed up cake at a wedding and a wedding shower. I've ignored my mom's brownies and Mountain Dew cake. I've reached right past a Snickers for a granola bar. And, best of all, I turned down the offer for a free dessert after a waitress spilled my drink in my lap. If I haven't lost weight, I've definitely stopped myself from gaining 10!
Week One was easy - I was newly engaged, stressed, distracted, excited... who had time to think about eating?
Week Two was harder - I was losing the motivation and craving the sweets.
Week Three so far has been easier than the last!! I'm noticing a chance in my appetite and stomach size so it's paying off.
Here's hoping!

1 Comments:
WHAT?! No desserts? Unacceptable!
Post a Comment
<< Home