the world as i see it

everybody thinks someone out there wants to know their opinions. their problems. their life story. i guess i'm no different.

Friday, November 17, 2006

thanks emily...

emily sent me the following quote and i love it... and completely agree with it. jesse and i laugh about the fact that, when we do go out, we probably look like a couple who has just started dating. there are advantages after all!

"Long-distance partners have high-quality time together, which might create a closeness not seen in those who see each other every day,” explains Pistole. “They have more open communication, fewer trivial arguments, and segment work and relationship time.” She also points out that couples who live far apart tend to rely more on email, the telephone and simple notes to stay in touch. Partners who live close by don’t do this as much since they spend more time together, which leads to taking each other for granted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know I totally understand being in the long distance situation. You and J.O. are beautiful together and I realize that more and more as I read posts on your blog and J.O.'s blog. I'm glad that I get to have a glimpse into your relationship because you two really are the fairy tale.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jesse Osbourne said...

and they lived happily ever after...

oh wait. not yet.

thanks for the quote em.

i knew i wasn't totally crazy for being in a long distance relationship.

3:38 PM  
Blogger lethes said...

by the way- thanks again emily. i used part of this in my toast to carol and chris! woohoo!

jesse, if we're a fairy tale, when you are going to turn into prince charming? ;)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home