Dieting
I've always hated dieting.
I know the majority of mankind could make that statement, but with me, it's a sincere hatred. Usually, when I am dieting, I get so mad about the fact that I'm on a diet, that I break every dieting rule. Coke? Sure! Haha! Take that, diet!
Last week, my brother-in-law had the genius idea of betting money on weight loss. He, my sister, my boyfriend, and I put $10 in a pot. Then we weighed ourselves (nice for the self-esteem, to weigh yourself in front of your boyfriend and your family, especially when you're heavier than your sister who is a mother) and set a weight goal. Now, every Sunday, we have to weigh in. Anyone who gains weight has to add $1/lb to the pot. On Easter Sunday, whoever is closest to his/her weight goal wins the pot (I'm sure Jesus is proud of our Easter plans).
But I really am terrible at dieting. I have no idea what it means to eat healthy foods, besides giving up McDonald's (sorry mcchicken. i miss you too). Every day at lunch, I ask our P.E. teacher: which is healthier? the chicken nuggets or the fish nuggets? Salad or pizza? When I had to grab a quick bite the other day, I drove past every fast food restaurant debating... mcchicken or chinese? or arby's? Subway, that's it! (then I proceeded to order a meatball sub. oops - daggone 'sub of the day')
Nonetheless, I'm trying. I'm hoping the rest of the weigh-ins won't be as embarrassing as the first. I figure, for every pound I lose, I gain an ounce of self-esteem.
Now if I could just quit feeling so mad at the world...
...and if that pack of cookie dough in my fridge would just disappear......
I know the majority of mankind could make that statement, but with me, it's a sincere hatred. Usually, when I am dieting, I get so mad about the fact that I'm on a diet, that I break every dieting rule. Coke? Sure! Haha! Take that, diet!
Last week, my brother-in-law had the genius idea of betting money on weight loss. He, my sister, my boyfriend, and I put $10 in a pot. Then we weighed ourselves (nice for the self-esteem, to weigh yourself in front of your boyfriend and your family, especially when you're heavier than your sister who is a mother) and set a weight goal. Now, every Sunday, we have to weigh in. Anyone who gains weight has to add $1/lb to the pot. On Easter Sunday, whoever is closest to his/her weight goal wins the pot (I'm sure Jesus is proud of our Easter plans).
But I really am terrible at dieting. I have no idea what it means to eat healthy foods, besides giving up McDonald's (sorry mcchicken. i miss you too). Every day at lunch, I ask our P.E. teacher: which is healthier? the chicken nuggets or the fish nuggets? Salad or pizza? When I had to grab a quick bite the other day, I drove past every fast food restaurant debating... mcchicken or chinese? or arby's? Subway, that's it! (then I proceeded to order a meatball sub. oops - daggone 'sub of the day')
Nonetheless, I'm trying. I'm hoping the rest of the weigh-ins won't be as embarrassing as the first. I figure, for every pound I lose, I gain an ounce of self-esteem.
Now if I could just quit feeling so mad at the world...
...and if that pack of cookie dough in my fridge would just disappear......

4 Comments:
I know someone named Cookie Monster that would eat that cookie dough! Raw, yum!
I'm glad you made another post. It was getting funky seeing you pick your toes all the time!
sorry guys - the cookie dough problem is resolved. i baked it into cookies!!
and they're gone too. :)
leathers,
i ran across your blog and it made me laugh :)
i too (since the freshman 15 hit hard) weighed myself and wanted to die. so my mom said if i lost 10 pounds she'd buy me a manicure and a pedicure... :) so... good luck... and hopefully by easter you'll have made some money and i'll have nice fingers and toes.
Post a Comment
<< Home