spelling
People these days need to learn how to spell.
I realize that I am an English teacher and this bugs me more than it may bug the "general public" but seriously people. There's really no reason for it. It is insane that business owners and managers cannot spell. Last year, at the time of our high school graduation, I walked into our local grocery and was faced with a sign that said, "Congradulations graduates." um, no. I receive at least 10 emails a month that say someone "defanitely" wants to do something. um, no. One of my AP students asked someone over email if she could interview him. She asked him to let her know that he "recieved" her email. um, no. On facebook, people make status updates that claim they are "sleeping alot" or "changing there view on life" or "wondering about the house". um, no, no, and no.
Why can't we spell? When did this necessary skill become a talent?
And how can we stop it??
I realize that I am an English teacher and this bugs me more than it may bug the "general public" but seriously people. There's really no reason for it. It is insane that business owners and managers cannot spell. Last year, at the time of our high school graduation, I walked into our local grocery and was faced with a sign that said, "Congradulations graduates." um, no. I receive at least 10 emails a month that say someone "defanitely" wants to do something. um, no. One of my AP students asked someone over email if she could interview him. She asked him to let her know that he "recieved" her email. um, no. On facebook, people make status updates that claim they are "sleeping alot" or "changing there view on life" or "wondering about the house". um, no, no, and no.
Why can't we spell? When did this necessary skill become a talent?
And how can we stop it??

2 Comments:
your so right.
haha
CAROL GEORGE!
Post a Comment
<< Home