single girls: read me
today i fell in love with jesse even more than i already was
and before you toss this blog post aside as a mushy lovey post, wait. read ahead.
tonight, jesse and i went to see "stranger than fiction" (great great movie, p.s.) and after the movie, i grabbed the bucket of popcorn and my coke to take out and throw away. at first, jesse let me.... then he stopped mid-aisle, turned around and said, wait, hand me that... and took it all. then, when we got to the end of the aisle, he stepped back and let me go ahead.
this may sound incredibly mundane or again, mushy. but to me, THESE are the things that matter. THESE are the things that set Jesse apart from other guys. He makes me feel spoiled and loved. Simple gestures like carrying the bucket of popcorn kernels to the trash or placing his hand on the small of my back as he lets me lead the way across the theater -- these are the things that all girls deserve.
so if you're single, or if you're dating, don't forget: you deserve things like that. if you're dating someone and you're not getting it - why not? and if you're single, keep looking. don't settle. those guys are out there.
and they are SOOO worth the wait.
and before you toss this blog post aside as a mushy lovey post, wait. read ahead.
tonight, jesse and i went to see "stranger than fiction" (great great movie, p.s.) and after the movie, i grabbed the bucket of popcorn and my coke to take out and throw away. at first, jesse let me.... then he stopped mid-aisle, turned around and said, wait, hand me that... and took it all. then, when we got to the end of the aisle, he stepped back and let me go ahead.
this may sound incredibly mundane or again, mushy. but to me, THESE are the things that matter. THESE are the things that set Jesse apart from other guys. He makes me feel spoiled and loved. Simple gestures like carrying the bucket of popcorn kernels to the trash or placing his hand on the small of my back as he lets me lead the way across the theater -- these are the things that all girls deserve.
so if you're single, or if you're dating, don't forget: you deserve things like that. if you're dating someone and you're not getting it - why not? and if you're single, keep looking. don't settle. those guys are out there.
and they are SOOO worth the wait.

3 Comments:
Coury -
Great post, thank you!
I can't wait to find my "jesse," and I just wanted to tell you how inspiring I find your relationship - it's awesome.
I'm glad you were able to come here for another week! I wish you were closer so I/we could get to know you!
Thanks Lou!!
I just remember what it felt like to be single for a long period of time and think to myself, there's no good guys left! I'd settle for losers and now I know that was such a huge mistake.
Yea, it stinks that I don't get the chance to be around people who mean so much to jesse. I'll be there for a week over Christmas, though, so maybe we can get together then!
hey lou - what is your blog address?
Post a Comment
<< Home