the world as i see it

everybody thinks someone out there wants to know their opinions. their problems. their life story. i guess i'm no different.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Some thoughts on a warm, windy December day

It's supposedly 60 or 70 degrees outside today. I wouldn't know. I haven't left my house. As a matter of fact, I just changed out of my pajamas and bathed myself about an hour ago. It's currently 3:49 pm.
But you know what? I'm exhausted. After squeezing in 5 family functions in 3 days, and then shopping all day on the new "black Friday" (the day after Christmas) it was a chore for me to even raise my head off of the pillow today. So I decided to cherish the fact that I have a week to clean, grade, run errands, do laundry... you know... the stuff that comes with being a grown up... and instead, grant myself a pajama day.
However, I'm getting restless. I want to go out. Paint the town red. Do something that requires me to put on nice clothes and makeup. I want to look across the table in a dark room and see my gorgeous fiance, engrossed in intelligent conversation with me. I want a glass of wine. I want an expensive dinner.
I want a date!
I get like that from time to time. It's been a joke between me and Jesse since the beginning - I crave "dates" - and spending alone time together does not, in and of itself, quality as a date. A date requires the aforementioned things. I know, I'm so high-maintenance.
Jesse promises me a date soon. I hope it's really soon.

On another note, with New Year's day peeking around the corner, I've been thinking a lot about my post from this time last year. I was not really excited about the change in the new year. 2007 was very good to me, I explained, and I didn't know what 2008 could do to top it. Of course, it did top it - on August 23rd - when Jesse asked me to marry him. And with that, a promise that 2009 would be even better. A chance to be his wife. For half - really, a little more than half - of 2009, I get to be a married woman. So bring it on, 2009. I'm ready for you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home